3.20.2005

Absolutely

All absolutes are false. Except for that one.
All truth is relative. Except for that one.
I am a small-minded dolt. That one just stands on it’s own.

My wife knows I get annoyed when she takes a swig of my beer from the bottle, and leaves it brimming with foam. I don’t know why she does this, but it seems to give her some satisfaction that such a meaningless thing can perturb me. At the same time (no kidding), I interpret this as an oblique form of communication of her love for me. She knows me, and we have this little ritual, our ritual. My annoyance is irrelevant compared to her subtle silent communication: “I know you, and you belong to me as much as I to you.”

Makes me all hot-n-bothered just thinking about it.

2 comments:

brendar said...

"Perturbation is the essence of life." -Brendar Achmed Buhl

I am never so engaged as when someone disagrees with me. The spousal unit and I have similar rituals. Cat and mouse so-to-speak. I beleive I am the mouse.

tali said...

sooo shamelessly ganking those first two lines.

::bows::