4.02.2005

John Paul II



Karol Wojtyla
1920-2005


Well Done Good and Faithful Servant

peacemaker

"It is necessary to awaken again in believers a full relationship with Christ, mankind's only saviour. Only from a personal relationship with Jesus can an effective evangelisation develop."

"The question confronting the Church today is not any longer whether the man in the street can grasp a religious message, but how to employ the communications media so as to let him have the full impact of the Gospel message."

"Anything done for another is done for oneself."

"I hope to have communion with the people, that is the most important thing."

8 comments:

Mark said...

Watching the Pope's "viewing" on the news this afternoon, it got me thinking a little.

I wonder who will come to my funeral. And I wonder why they will be there.

tali said...

So totally ganked one of those quotes for use on the boards.

thankya

Greg Garvin said...

Flattered. Quote away!

brendar said...

Technically, they are Pope quotes, not Gar quotes.

la fille du fromage said...

well, perhaps the spirit of the former pope spoke through gar and was flattered. i'm glad i can read your blog again. i'm glad brendar is still correcting people and being pedantic. pedantic people make me happy.

brendar said...

Alright your cheesiness. I'm going to pretend for a moment that I didn't have to look "pedantic" up in the dictionary...and then look "ostentatious" up in that same dictionary. While Gar has often channeled the spirits of dead pontiffs, it has always been the "bad" pontiffs. There is no precedent what-so-ever for Gar channeling such a great spirit as that of the sleeping John Paul II!

Greg Garvin said...

I have been known to channel cartoon characters also, but only the evil ones. I think Brendar may be on to something.

brendar said...

Alright Gar, I love you man and I thing John Paul II was an awesome dude, but I'm really getting bored with this posting.