8.11.2005

Apologies to anyone who occasionally checks this spot for verbiage. I have been present, but occupied. Many childrens, many chores, house a wreck (making more house), work has been the same.

I have managed to keep up with my second favorite sport (after sex): cycling. But the blog thing has suffered. I have not yet officially graduated to the elite group on the Wednesday night ride, but a few weeks ago I put the hurt on all of them. Way to go old man. Heh.

I’m greatly anticipating the annual pilgrimage to the mountains and the Sacred Pond. Smoke and flame. Floats and beer. Food and talk. 3 miles of pain. A 97% lager & protein diet for 4 days. There is nothing better, I think. Heaven will be exactly like this. I am dying to find out WTF has been going on with my fellow sarcastic Martians. Some of these I only see monthly for 3 hours or so, and that doesn’t do the trick. 4 weeks and counting.

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

We're making more house too, though we're having trouble getting started.

Are those raft-floats, or rootbeer floats? If it is rootbeer, I am jealous.

Jeanne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeanne said...

I'm a little jealous even without the rootbeer.

Greg Garvin said...

The exact nature of a float is classified. Only participants can know its nature. I can tell you that you are appropriately jealous.

I hope your house more-ing goes as well as ours. I've heard nasty stories.

la fille du fromage said...

They could be parade type floats. Maybe there will be parade type floats in heaven. Maybe its just a heavenly parade all the time. The angels and sepaphs competing for best float and God gets the final say. Batons could be present. Maybe even synchronized swimming. Lets form a cult and kill ourselves so we can get there quicker. B.Y.O.B.

Greg Garvin said...

The "secret" nature of a float is such not due to some exclusive knowledge requirement, but because no one really understands it unless they do it. If I explained, you would likely think it sounds like a waste of time.