4.11.2010

Re: A Man and His Bike




To the BRCC crew -

Guys:

I'm honestly very touched by the fact that you all passed the hat for me and my cycling habit. I shopped Steamrollers (my first choice) when I originally planed on buying a fixie, and just couldn't spring for it. The bike is absolutely beautiful, and I appreciate everyone's generosity and the friendships that this group makes possible. It's really quite a unique group - I mean "unique" in a "underdog that makes it to the playoffs" sort of way, not a "special medication required" sort of way. Except for Rob. He's both.

Fyi, I did the math, and realized one can sell these rebuilt bike at a handsome profit. I hatched a plan with Eric to pull some sort of risk-and-crash stunt every few months. I'll be able to swap out donated bikes for a Dogma 60.1 Di2 in about 4 or 5 years ...

In all seriousness, I appreciate the well-wishes, and the thought and effort that went into this. You guys are the best!

Greg

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I wrote a comment down there finally.

Nice bike.

Greg Garvin said...

Do you mean the Surly, or the Pinarello? Well, both are quite nice!