11.04.2004

Chutzpah

“… you rebuke offenders little by little, warn them, and remind them of the sins they are committing, that they may abandon their wickedness and believe in you …” Wisdom 12:2 (yes, that’s from a “deuterocannonical” book not found in your average Protestant Bible)

Word. This has been the picture for me lately, and it’s undeniably divine mercy that I don’t see the whole state of affairs all at once. These small steps are all I can normally handle. The frustrating thing is that I can now see more clearly the damage that I have done (and that still to play out), and wish that I knew earlier. I suppose I just wasn’t ready. Cripes ... what else is out there?

I have been protecting myself. I want approval, and I don’t want conflict, so I have not been honest with people, even those I care about. I know I don’t need to sling around “truth” like a RPG launcher, but I hold back to keep safe even when I know that the other really needs it. This week I have had the opportunity to cross my threshold of fear and try out the dangerous truth. What a relief for everybody involved.

No comments: